Staple Island has dramatic views across all the Islands and is known for its vast seabird colonies, especially those of the Auk family such as Guillemots, Razorbills and Puffins. Puffins are the most numerous birds that nest on the Farnes with over 20,000 pairs nesting on Staple Island alone! A boardwalk over the top of the Island takes you straight through the nesting Puffins and this is where you can get close to some of Britain’s most spectacular breeding seabirds. Please remember to wear good shoes as an uneven underfoot.
PLEASE ARRIVE HALF AN HOUR BEFOREHAND TO COLLECT YOUR BOARDING PASS
Times and frequencies may change at short notice.
This tour takes approximately 2.5 – 3 hours allowing 1-hour landing on Staple Island.
PLEASE NOTE…Sorry, no dogs are allowed on this trip.
Landing Dates : May, June and July
Departure Time : 10.45am
Prices: £30, Child*: £23, Under 5: Free
Please note, National Trust landing fees to non members are……
May, June, July
Adult: £12.60 Child: £6.30 Family: £31.50 Family group with 1 adult: £18.90
30th March, April, August, September
Adult: £8.20 Child: £4.10 Family: £20.50 Family group with 1 adult: £12.30
(Free landing to under 5’s & N.T. members)
- Child*: Aged 15 and under.
- Times and frequencies may change at short notice.
- Please collect your tickets half an hour before departure or failure to do so your ticket will be resold.
- The final decision to land on any of the Farne Islands is at the boat masters discretion.
- The National Trust charge a landing fee on Inner Farne & Staple Island. National Trust members land free of charge on production of their membership cards.
We are also available for private charter and survey work, please contact us for details.