This Farne Islands tour lands on the fantastic diverse wildlife habitat of Inner Farne where St Cuthbert spent the latter part of his life and died there in 687AD. It is the largest of the Farne Islands and the most accessible. It is ideal for bird watchers and wildlife photographers, you can get incredibly close to thousands upon thousands of breeding birds! Remember to bring a hat during the spring and summer breeding season! This tour takes approximately 2.5 – 3 hours, with a sail around all the islands first then a 1 hour landing on Inner Farne.
Landing Dates : April, August and September
Departure Time : 11.45am
Landing Dates : May, June and July
Departure Times : 11.45am, 12.45pm, 1.45pm and 2.45pm
Prices : Adults : £25, Child*: £20, Under 4: Free
Please note, National Trust landing fees also apply, click here for more information.
- Child*: Aged 15 and under.
- Times and frequencies may change at short notice.
- Please collect your tickets half an hour before departure or failure to do so your ticket will be resold.
- The final decision to land on any of the Farne Islands is at the boat masters discretion.
- The National Trust charge a landing fee on Inner Farne & Staple Island. National Trust members land free of charge on production of their membership cards.
We are also available for filming, private charter and survey work, please contact us for details.